October 14, 2013

The big Gray

We went to Monterey bay for the weekend, lovely as always! I forgot my camera, so I had to ask my husband to click here and there with his cell.
The one thing that took got my attention in the morning was the thick fog. WOW!
We have not had heavy fog here for a few years now, and even when it can be a big problem, it is also breathtaking. We went out to the hall balcony and all you could see was this big gray wall, and as you get closer you see details, and it is like finding treasures.
I am just happy I didn't have to drive through that!

We went to the aquarium... lots of inspiration!
Then by the time the sun was warming, and the sky was in an amazing blue, we walked all over the place, relaxed by the plaza where they had street painters and music. So nice! There's not much of a beach in that particular spot, but my daughter still managed to get her shoes wet (◑‿◐) and collect a couple of shells and pretty rocks.

Here are some images of weathered texture:


See the blue? it is the beautiful sky.


Concrete wall with an interesting broken crack.

Old texture and shadows.

I know. Most people take pictures of the tourist attractions. I take pictures of the weird stuff, and I see paintings and inspiration (◠◡◠)

Thanks for visiting! I will be adding paintings to my Etsy shop soon!

5 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! I think they are cool! I love taking pictures of nature and weird things too ;o) Can't wait for the new paintings ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one seems a painting ready to hang on the wall! Love the light, the composition and the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are breathtaking...I love your view through the lenses and I also love to catch those weird texture- and color-photos ;) thank you for sharing...seem you had lots of fun! ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good trip, very cool photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love these photos- the colors and textures are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!